воскресенье, 29 апреля 2018 г.

The day of departure

My stay in Canterbury is coming to an end. This morning I took my last stroll down its cobbled streets to see any pilgrim's destination, the Cathedral. It felt like not visiting it would make my stay incomplete. An entrance fee for an adult will run 12,5 pounds.






stained glass windows at Canterbury Cathedral



Now I am all packed and ready to catch the Canterbury-to-Gatwick train. With gratitude to Brian and Silmara for a warm receipt and being patient with us, I hold hopes the students make the most of their stay in Canterbury and upon completion of the project we will all celebrate their rocketed confidence and improved language skills.



A follow-up word of wisdom. When traveling in Britain by train, I strongly advise (and I cannot stress it enough)  to consider train delays. Trains here view timetables as guidelines rather than call to action. Mine did so, having shown up good 40 minutes later than expected. Which doubled the excitement.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий